Oh, Pinterest...
I found a recipe for no-bake energy bites on Pinterest several weeks ago. I made them immediately! They were perfect to help curb my boredom hunger & sweet craving, without feeling too guilty about it. They call for chocolate chips, and I mixed in a little Nutella for a bit of a change in flavor for the most recent batch I made...however, as I have given up chocolate for Lent, I have not been able to have any. :( Since they are staring at me every time I open the refrigerator (talk about temptation), I decided to try to make a non-chocolate version, make it a smidgen healthier, and this is what I came up with:
*1 cup uncooked oats
*½ cup creamy peanut butter
*½ cup raw Agave Nectar
*¾ cup flaked or shredded coconut
*½ cup ground flaxseed
*2 scoops banana-flavored protein powder (we love Dymatize ISO-100 Smooth Banana)
*¼ cup butterscotch chips (optional...yummy either way!)
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until fully incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Once chilled, form into balls!! Store in airtight container & keep refrigerated.

No comments:
Post a Comment